The Core Systems Summit Team invites core systems decision makers to qualify as VIP delegates or speakers at this premiere event. Join peers and like-minded IT executives as they discuss current challenges, best practices, breakthroughs, and trends facing core systems decision makers.
Topics of Discussion are Set to Include:
- Cloud, SaaS and Core Systems - We will define cloud computing vs. SaaS and hosted solutions, and how to leverage the cloud for core insurance applications. Topics to be discussed will include a number of key elements, such as security, risks, and benefits.
- Business Change Management and Core Systems Projects - New systems can be the key to transforming insurer operations, but the company needs to be ready for the transformation. Discuss best practices in business change management, and the challenges of "managing up" and educating line staff in fear of change.
- The Need to Improve Product Development Flexibility - There is a crucial need for insurers to improve product development flexibility to enter new niches in a softening market, pursue new opportunities or simply to accommodate shifting customer preferences.
- Measuring Success in Core Systems Projects - Insurers need to careful set and communicate goals, and pro-actively manage and communicate progress against these goals throughout the life of the project as well as after the project is completed. Discuss how to measure sucess, with a look at different metrics, their advantages and potential pitfalls.
- Choosing the Right Partner - While managing vendors is becoming a core responsibility and competency of insurer IT executives and teams, the evaluation process needs a stronger focus. This session will discuss methods and practices in vendor and product evaluation that maximize the potential positive business impact.
- Critical Success Factors - What makes a core systems project successful? This session will look at some recent experiences and extract key elements such as active business champions and agile project management.